We have a fantastic opportunity for a Civils Estimator to join our commercial team.
You will be responsible for building up costs for challenging infrastructure projects and finding competitive advantages to secure work. If you enjoy working with numbers and enjoy meeting and negotiating with people/suppliers, this role is perfect for you.
- Good knowledge of civil engineering and highway surfacing
- Confident in pricing independently with minimal reliance on others
- Highly proficient in numeracy
- Excellent IT skills, including all Microsoft packages.
- Analytically minded, with the ability to undertake financial analysis.
- Ability to hit tight deadlines under pressure.
- Great organisation skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels, both verbally and written to the team and external stakeholders
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for winning work by producing tenders and developing key customer relationships.
- Prepare accurate costing sheets for materials, labour and equipment based on customer drawings and specifications.
- Understand current market prices and benchmark our solutions to increase success rates.
- Ensure compliance with our procedures, business strategy and clearance levels.
- Assist with presenting tender proposals to customer’s and attend customer meetings during the tender process.
- Liaise with others, including Contracts Managers
- Produce documents for senior management to show cost calculations.
- Ensure that the project operations team have received an effective handover of bid documentation.
If you are interested, please email your CV to: email@example.com