SNHC was formed during the Summer of 1907 by members of the Notts Grosvenor Hockey Club. Provisional arrangements were made to share with the YMCA their ground at Trent Bridge, now the site of County Hall. The very first game was played there on 28th September 1907.
Today South now have 4 men’s teams & 2 Ladies with over 100 members. The club plays at 2 sites, the men’s 3rd and 4th team play at Toothill school n Bingham with the 1st & 2nd Team playing at the recently laid pitch at Nottingham Trent University while the ladies continue to play at Bingham.
Aims of the club
• To encourage people of all ages to take up Hockey and offer a competitive, enjoyable and social atmosphere
• For the 1st Team is to achieve National League status in the next 5 years and promote our young talent up through the ranks,
Thomas Bow City Asphalt are committed sponsors of the club.