Thomas Bow City Asphalt pledges to respect the environment in every aspect of our operations. Clear environmental objectives are established at board level and we pioneer eco-friendly policies and promote energy efficiency across the Group. We also recognise that effective management of resources – in energy, land and materials ultimately cuts costs and creates competitive advantage. Yet we take every precaution to avoid health hazards and minimise the environmental impact of our operations.
We aim to:
• Minimise energy waste
• Minimise the emission of pollutants
• Reduce noise pollution
• Utilise building materials that are either recyclable or from sustainable sources
• Carefully dispose of any hazardous or potentially toxic materials
• Improve environmental awareness
• Follow a sustainability policy
We optimise the use of existing materials by recycling, modifying and re-using making every effort to reduce materials being disposed off site.
Having achieved BS EN ISO 14001 Environmental Management in 2008, we are now continuously seeking ways, means and system improvements to further enhance our environmental awareness.